Lil Packaging are looking for dynamic, mature and skilled candidates to fill our role as ‘Website Manager’. You will be a part of our Sales and Marketing Team, working alongside colleagues to maximise the effective reach and growth of our brand via our websites / social media platforms predominantly.
This is an opportunity suited best towards those with a mastery in their field (ie managed websites and posted regular social media content previously), comfortable to not only take leadership on projects but also take direction from management in order to realise an overall company vision.
The successful candidate will be highly driven in looking to take full ownership of our websites and deliver significant sales growth over the next 12 months, as well as ongoing. Closing date for applications is Friday 25th February at which point candidates will be shortlisted for the first stage of telephone interviews
Job Title: Website Manager
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Manager
Based: primarily Head office in Huntingdon. Hours: ideally Full-time Monday – Friday permanent contract. Holiday: 26 Days paid annual leave plus bank holidays Term : Permanent (successful candidates must pass the initial 3 month probationary period prior to permanent contract).
Basic Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 p.a (subject to experience)
Job Purpose: 1) 10% annual growth of global Lil ecommerce sales - Year 1 target £1.5M YE 31/03/23, Year 2 to also include profit growth/Added Value
2) 100% annual growth yr on yr regards sessions, new users and Organic Google→site
Still 100% owned by the Lill family Est 1983, we invented the packaging Amazon uses today and are proud to be Europe’s largest independent producer of ecommerce packaging for Europe’s largest internet retailers. There are 100+ of us operating from our Huntingdon manufacturing HQ (77,000 sqft) generating in excess of £20m Turnover, growing 20% p.a. Please join us on our mission to build on our Zero Carbon Packaging certification (Feb 22) and support us as we work towards becoming Europe’s first NET-ZERO Carbon packaging manufacturer by 2030, twenty years ahead of the Paris agreement. In turn, we want to inspire other manufacturers to follow our greener path.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone with previous ecommerce experience to “make a difference” whilst playing a significant part in the company’s history in achieving household brand status. You will manage every aspect of marketplaces, SEO, PPC, social media advertising, email marketing and all content; creating high quality customer experience, supported by up to date content, visual/product merchandising and functionality, through to fulfilment and customer support
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities (in order of priority):
· Maximising Ecommerce Revenue:
a) Take responsibility for improving SEO ranking, functionality & content.
b) Maximise Added Value through increased basket & transactions, and drive growth through improved SEO, PPC, Social Media (min 2 x blogs per week), Email and Affiliate marketing.
c) Monitor Google Analytics to understand the actions of our customers.
d) Build links to our website.
· Digital Marketing Plan - Devise, propose & implement TBA with line manager to optimise Added Value through promotions/retentions
· Website architecture – Research & implementation of monthly improvements to speed, functionality and ease of use.
· Logistics excellence. Ensuring ecom dispatch team provide excellent delivery experiences to best represent the Lil brand.
· Brand: maintain & improve brand on an ongoing basis following brand guidelines.
· Market analysis. Organise and review customer surveys to understand customer purchasing habits & demographics whilst monitoring competitor prices & activities.
· Proficient in the use of our website related operating software such as: WordPress (custom themed mgmt), Shopify, Semrush, Klaviyo, Patchworks, Shiptheory & GoogleAds
· Provide design inspiration to ‘Digital Team’ and Sales colleagues who’ll be using InDesign and Adobe / Photoshop for client visuals.
· Support recruitment of future staff to the ecom team and manage / delegate duties responsibly.
· Manage and re-organise anything deemed inefficient in ecom operations
· Small element of customer support in the role to satisfy feedback such as Judge.me
· Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business.
· Attend and present at external customer meetings and other company functions as necessary to perform your duties and to aid business development.
· Attend any relevant training courses and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
· Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety, and Quality Management.
In order to help in the efficiency and smooth running of the Company, you must recognise and fully accept that the Company may require you to work in any section carrying out other duties within your capabilities, as the workload so requires.
Person Specification & Experience:
· Shared ambition and passion as the directors to grow the company
· A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
· Pro-active work ethic to work effectively under own initiative.
· Credible and comfortable in dealing with senior company directors.
· Well-presented and businesslike.
· Able to get on with others and be a team player.
· Ability to work in a changing environment.
· Business Acumen
· A great sense of humour and positive ‘can do’ approach, even to routine tasks.
· Able to commute reliably on/off the company’s premises to attend training and events/exhibitions.
· A clean driving license is preferred.
Specific Job Skills:
The position holder must have a deep knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts particularly in the ecommerce environment. An ability to think creatively, to take the initiative and to inspire others is also required.
· Commercially focused
· Multichannel Environment
· Strategy & Growth
· SEO, PPC, Social Media, Email and Affiliate marketing.
· Excellent IT, communication & reporting skills
· Intermediate-Advanced Adobe/Mac design skills preferred
Please be sure to populate the POSITION APPLIED FOR, in addition to all other fields of the application form.
Once completed, please send with a copy of your CV and covering letter/email to [email protected]
Sadly we cannot consider anyone for interview that has not completed an application form.