Lil Packaging are looking for dynamic, skilled, and enthusiastic candidates with a “right first time” attitude to fill our role as SHEQ Officer based in our new premises in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
You will be part of our Health and Safety Team, reporting into our SHEQ Compliance Manager and working alongside colleagues to ensure Quality compliance across all product output and ensuring all standards are met, understood, and complied with.
The role will be heavily focused on compliance with our ISO 9001 accreditation to ensure continuous effective control is maintained.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Supporting the SHEQ Compliance Manager in ensuring and maintaining the highest standards of quality assurance throughout the company is achieved
• Supporting audits for our certifications and ISO 9001 accreditations.
• Driving quality and performance improvements all contracts and customers.
• Ensuring systems and processes are in place and implemented for delivering products “right first time” and drive towards a “defect free” culture and environment.
• Undertaking audits to monitor quality procedures are being followed.
• Producing reports on findings through analysis of completed audits and inspections highlighting focus areas.
• Undertaking investigations of all major quality failings, in conjunction with the relevant operational managers making appropriate recommendations where necessary to ensure future prevention.
• Production of forms and processes as required.
Person specification and experience
• Prior audit experience, preferably for 9001 Quality Management or similar in 14001
• A formal qualification in Quality Management would be desirable.
• Experience in the production and implementation of processes and forms.
• Proven ability to build rapport and influence key stakeholders.
• Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present findings and reports to Senior Management, in a clear and concise manner.
• Good analytical skills with the ability to analyse data gained, detect trends, and implement corrective actions.
• Proactive work ethic to work effectively under your own initiative.
What’s in it for you?
• 26 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Private health care
Still 100% owned by the Lill family Est 1983, we invented some of the packaging Amazon uses today and are proud to be Europe’s largest independent producer of ecommerce packaging for Europe’s largest internet retailers. There are 100+ of us operating from our Huntingdon manufacturing HQ (77,000 sq ft) generating in excess of £19m Turnover, growing 20% p.a.
Please join us on our mission to build on our Zero Carbon Packaging certification and support us as we work towards becoming Europe’s first NET-ZERO Carbon packaging manufacturer by 2030, twenty years ahead of the Paris agreement. In turn, we want to inspire other manufacturers to follow our greener path.
To apply please e-mail [email protected] .com